If you are into trekking and have done the valley of Gods, Har Ki Dun Trek, then this question must have ringed in your mind just like it did in ours when we first visited Har Ki Dun. What lies beyond Har Ki Dun is Bali Pass, which connects it to Yamunotri on the other side of the pass. Regarded as one of the difficult treks of Garhwal region. Bali Pass Trek offers splendid panoramic views of Kalanag, Swargarohini and Bandarpoonch peaks. While these views get better and better as we climb higher towards the pass, the beautiful Ruinsara lake has unmatched beauty and stories that tingle with mythology. Passing through the dense Ruinsara forest, Devsu Bugyal appears as a grand surprise to trekkers.
- Popular trekking Pass at 16250 ft Connecting Yamunotri dham.
- Breathtaking views of Himalayan peaks Swargarohini Massif, Kalanag and Banderpoonch.
- Camp around Ruinsara Lake overlooking Kalanag Peak.
- Camp at Lush Vast grasslands; walk through pine forests, and jaw dropping views of deep valleys of Himalayas.
- Explore the hamlets of Osla, Jaunsari enroute known for artistically built houses.
- Base Camp : Sankri
- Duration : 7 Nights – 8 Days
- Sankri Altitude : 6300 feet
- Chelugad Camp Altitude : 8530 feet
- Ruinsra lake Altitude : 11490 feet
- Best season : May - June & Sep - Oct
- Devsu Bugyal Camp Altitude : 9850 ft
- Trek Grade : Difficult (Subjective to Individual)
- Total Trek Distance : On foot 64 kilometers and by taxi 425 kilometers.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
Why Bali pass?
Even though multiple trekking trails are available to choose from, it is essential to understand the very reason to opt for Bali Pass Trek is..
- The Altitude gain is 16,300 feet and not too high, the distance of 56 km covered in 7 days.
- The ultimate journey through remote Himalayan range connects Yamunotri dham.
- A moderate trek, and an individual with fitness can do with gradual acclimatization and with no fear of Altitude sickness. The trail is scenic with forest cover, fresh air and Perennial water all along the trail.
- It has much more to offer than hiking, like interaction with locals, Lifestyle, Variety of flora and fauna, rich heritage, High altitude Ruinsara lake, close view of Kalanag - Black peak, Swargarohini , Bandarpoonch - Monkey tail and other peaks.
- During winter, this valley transforms into wonderland and will be covered with white sheet of snow. In summers the valley turns into different hues, with Kaleidoscope of colors, wildflowers and woods in different shades & colors.