The Himalayan Mountain Ranges in India are known for beholding spectacular beauty. Millions of visitors from all over the globe come to catch a glimpse of this wondrous land where heaven feels to be at home. Himalayas start at that majestic altitude where the rest of the mountain ranges in the world come to an end. There are thousands of magnetic regions in the Himalayas that are located by travellers, trekkers, adventure tourists and government have no written record of them but the footprints they leave behind stand as an attest. The beauty and natural bliss that abodes here has spread throughout the world. One lifetime is not enough to catch a glimpse of the entire Himalayas. Even so, there are many Himalayan peaks and valleys that have remained less known and meagrely explored by the human population.
- Devikund if one of the High-Altitude lakes of Kumaon region.
- Sunderdhunga trek is a neighbor of the more famous Pindari glacier and Kafni glacier treks.
- Sunderdhunga Valley just to renowned mystery lake Roopkund .
- Sunderdhunga valley is known as valley of beautiful stones.
- Valley is renowned for breathtaking scenery and array of High snowclad peaks.
- Base Camp : Loharket
- Duration : 7 Nights – 8 Days
- Dhakuri Altitude : 8600 feet
- Jatoli Altitude : 6570 feet
- Dudhiadhong Altitude : 8858 feet
- Devikund Altitude: 14500 feet
- Best Time : May, Jun, Sep, Oct & Nov
- Overall Distance : 625 Kilometres (89 Kms by Trek).
- Trek Grade : Moderate (Subjective to Individual)
- Nearest Airport : Delhi
Why to choose?
Even though multiple trekking trails are available to choose from, it is essential to understand the very reason to opt for Devi kund Trek is...
- The Altitude gain is 14,800 ft not too high and the distance of 62 km covered in 6 days.
- A moderate trek, and suitable for an individual of minimum fitness, can do with gradual acclimatization and with no fear of Altitude sickness. The trail is scenic with forest cover, fresh air and Perennial water all along the trail. Popularly known as Valley of Colourful stones, Sunderdhunga valley is a haven for Nature lovers and birders.
- It has much more to offer than hiking, like interaction with locals, Lifestyle, Variety of flora and fauna, rich heritage and can be done round the year.
- Majestic views of Maiktoli peak 22,320 ft, Mrigthuni Peak 22,300 ft, Panwali dwar 21,860 ft, Tharkot 20,050 ft,Simsaga Mountain Range, Bhanoti Peak 18530 ft, Nanda Kot 22,500 ft, Balijuri Peak 19,450 ft from Baluni top..
- During winter, this valley transforms into a fairy land and will be covered with white sheet of snow. In summers the valley turns into different hues, with Kaleidoscope of colors, wildflowers and woods in different shades & colors.
Trip Cost Includes
- Food : During Stay and Snacks during Evening Refreshments only
- Travel : Tempo Traveler/SUV Similar Non/Ac/Bus
- Accommodation : Basic Multiple sharing or dormitory/Tent.
- Group Size : Group size 12 and Above.
Trip Cost Excludes
- Any trip extensions, Stay due to road blocks or landslides, extra meals, Accommodation
What to Expect?
A trip graded as a Moderate takes you to high altitude regions - above 3000m / 10,0000 ft and will involve considerable altitude gain 800 ft - 1200ft over the course of the trek. Altitude will have an effect, hence one would need to be careful about Acclimatization. The guide will educate about acclimitization procdure.Moderate treks will have multiple days which involve considerable amount of ascents and descents and would require walking for more than 5 - 6 hours.
There might be a day or two of camping in relatively high altitudes above 4000m / 13,000ft. A typical trek will last around a week to ten days depending on the region and is fro those who have exposure to Himalayan treks, for people who have completed a beginner trek.
Good fitness levels are needed to enjoy these trips.Preparation of your body by doing some fitness actitivies before the trip would help. Prior trekking experience would be an added advantage.